Re: Does 'Feature' = 'Real World Thing'?

All we really need to do is provide means of expressing the occurrence of “discernment” (a theory) and its connection to a representation in data (a model). We don’t have to get any deeper into cognition than that. Whether two different features / things can be reconciled to one theory of the world, for example, is really out of our scope, although it wouldn’t even be possible to attempt without that documentation of their existence.

Whether multiple representations (feature data !) model the same feature / thing is very much in our scope. This includes differences in scale, CRS, geometry, form of referencing, even what particular properties have measurements.

Josh