From: Karen Coyle [mailto:kcoyle@kcoyle.net]
Sent: Friday, December 13, 2013 9:28 AM
To: Adrian Pohl; Dan Scott; lindstream@gmail.com
Cc: Richard Wallis; public-schemabibex@w3.org
Subject: Re: Article Proposal

On 12/13/13, 1:09 AM, Adrian Pohl wrote:

> - "A publication in any medium issued in successive parts bearing
> numerical or chronological designations and intended, such as a
> magazine, scholarly journal, or newspaper" <- Is this actually a full
> sentence?

:-) No, something got lost. The original statement went on "...
intended... to continue indefinitely." It was cribbed from the definition in AACR2.

> Relation between schema:Periodical and schema:Blog:
> Currently, schema:Blog is located in the schema.org hierarchy as
> follows:  Thing > CreativeWork > Blog. I guess the proposal should
> include moving schema:Blog to Thing > CreativeWork > Periodical > Blog.
> This would also make sense regarding the property schema:issn that
> belongs to schema:Periodical as some blogs actually have an ISSN. (I
> just heard about the German blog wisspub.net receiving an ISSN.[1])

I understand your statement about blogs, and to me it is factually correct, but I'm not sure the library "continuing resource" point of view would be well received. Perhaps we could suggest it as part of our proposal and see what the reaction is.

kc

--
Karen Coyle
kcoyle@kcoyle.net http://kcoyle.net