Re: Comics: Page counts, etc.

Note also that the "page count" that publishers give to books is a
physical count -- the actual number of sheets of paper x 2. The
publisher knows this because he paid the printer for them. The page
count that a library gives is the number on the highest numbered page
(of each pagination type), which is what is visible and readily
available (without having to sit and count the pages). Here are two
"pages" statements for the same book:

publisher: 208 pages
library: xiv, 178 p. (which does not add up to 208 because blank pages
aren't counted)

So those are two other community practices that each is perfectly
logical but will give different results. And note that it is probably
the publisher number of pages that is currently in schema.org/Book.

kc

--
Karen Coyle
kcoyle@kcoyle.net http://kcoyle.net