Re: CURIE proposal ...

With your ability to pull things out of context, you should explore joining
the current political campaign down here...

Here is my position on the presentation syntax issue:

1. Ideally, the pres syntax should be a parsable language.
   We started with that years ago, but some people were adamantly opposed.
2. If not 1, then the presentation syntax should be as simple as possible,
   and its primary use should be semantics+examples.
   Some simple shortcuts are ok, but they should really be simple and not
   ugly hacks.
3. If possible, use a slightly restricted version of the presentation
   syntax to define a real language. Given the experience with 1, this
   should be non-normative.
   If this discussion opens the eyes of those who were against #1 then
   we should go back to 1.
   But we no longer have the time for that or #3 in this phase.