Re: CURIE proposal ... (was: Re: [DTB] ACTIONs 428 and 292 completed)

On 22 Apr 2008, at 02:36, Sandro Hawke wrote:
> I'm such a flip-flopper; maybe I should run for President.
>
> While I liked Axel's proposal, I think I also get Michael's point,
> that
> (to paraphrase) the Presentation Syntax is not a real rule
> language.  If
> we want a real (usable) rule lanuage, we should carefully design one,
> not just add random patches to the PS.

[snip]

It's a fantasy, in my experience, to think that something called a
"Presentation Syntax" is *not* going to get used as a concrete
syntax. It will just be an underspecified one. (See the old OWL
abstract syntax for one example.)

What's the objection to using XML directly? For spec purposes, relax-
ng grammars are reasonably compact. For examples, well, I'd
personally rather have the actual syntax I'm supposed to be exchanging.

Cheers,
Bijan.