Re: [BLD] comments on BLD draft

> Boley, Harold wrote:
> >
> >>- section 2.2: Equality, class membership, subclass and frame terms
> >>allow only simple, positional and named-argument terms where individuals
> >>are expected: shouldn't external terms be allowed as well?
> >
> > They are already listed here:
> >
> > http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wiki/BLD#Terms
>
> No, I meant: in "# Equality terms. If t and s are simple, positional, or
> named-argument terms then t = s is an equality term.", shouldn't t and s
> be allowed to be external terms as well (same for #, ## and frame)?
>
> Christian

I think that equality among external terms should *not* be allowed, since
it cannot be tested anyway (definition of an external term is a black box
to a rif document, by definition).

For instance, one could write External(t) = External(s)
but these two externals' black boxes might not be equal, and the reasoner
will have no way of testing that.