Re: RDFa Lite and typeof influence

On Apr 20, 2012, at 12:36 PM, Alex Milowski wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 20, 2012 at 11:53 AM, Gregg Kellogg <gregg@greggkellogg.net> wrote:
>>
>> BTW, do you have a public distiller endpoint? We should add your distiller to the RDFa Test Suite and into the tools section, if you feel you're sufficiently far along in your development.
>
> I feel like I've gotten most of the spirit of the specification but I
> haven't run this through the test suite extensively.  I don't have a a
> "distiller endpoint" as of yet because it is a browser-based
> implementation and/or chrome extension that provides the RDFa API.
>
> I need to do this.
>
> While I've got the information you and others sent me before about
> using the json version of the manifest, I'm going to ask a silly
> question:  what is a distiller endpoint?  Do I need tonic and limes?

Basically, if you implement a web service (say, in node.js), that accepts URLs for tests and returns the parsed data, in any RDF format, it can be invoked by the RDFa test suite. See the pyRdfa and rdf-distiller endpoints referenced from the test suite for example.

Niklas also is working on a JavaScript implementation (actually CoffeeScript), so he'll have the same issue. His runs in node, but I don't think he's set up an endpoint yet. I would think that the same solution could work for both of you. In his case, he generates JSON-LD as the RDF output, but it could be most anything. JSON-LD is probably the most useful for actual developers to use.

For my own (Ruby) tests, I actually do use the manifest and run the tests locally, which is much easier for development purposes.

Gregg