Re: <time> values in HTML5

On Mon, 2011-11-21 at 16:46 +0000, Tantek Çelik wrote:
[...]
> BTW as a point of W3C process, I don't think it's permissible to add
> new features to a CR without first going back to a last call that
> includes those new features.

It's "new features that would invalidate someone's review" -- sometimes
if you can show the major implementors support the change, and that it
makes sense, and of course is very small, you can make it.  However, I'm
not trying to encourage this.

An example is that five of the type names were changed in XSLT 2 and
XQuery and XPath 2 and XQueryX without going back to last call: they
went from being in their own namespace to being in the XML Schema
namespace (e.g. in XQuery, associated with "xs:" instead of "xdt:"), and
this was a considerable improvement for users.

Adding new lexical forms for existing forms is something that, if the
Working Group felt it appropriate, I can imagine happening; adding new
sorts of types is a much bigger change, because it would affect all the
specs that use the type annotations and type system provided by XSD, so
I don't think that would be OK.

I hope that's a little clearer.

Liam