Re: RDFa API comments from TimBL

Hi Nathan,

On Tue, Oct 5, 2010 at 3:55 PM, Nathan <nathan@webr3.org> wrote:
> Ivan Herman wrote:
>>
>> Nathan,
>>
>> can you tell me what exactly the IndexedFormula and the IndexedDataStore
>> does?
>>
>> My purely admin issue is whether those features are related to the core
>> RDF part of the RDFa one. Put it another way, whether those are to be part
>> of an RDFa API. My worry is that the group is picking up too much onto its
>> plate. Maybe we have to stop by showing the way those features can be
>> bound/implemented with (on top) of what we publish might be enough in a
>> first round, leaving room for further work by a more dedicated group...
>
> Personally, I feel less like this is going the extra mile, and more like
> without this the spec is falling a mile short; that said I understand where
> you are coming from, especially when mentioning a more dedicated group -
> this is probably an area where yourself and the editors, Sando, Tim etc
> would be better to give feedback!

I had read your original email as discussing a change of syntax so
that the RDFa API aligns better with the Tabulator API. But it sounds
like you were actually saying that there are some features that are
missing from the RDFa API that are present in Tabulator?

In that case it would be a good idea to say where you think the
current spec falls short, especially if it's 'by a mile'. :)

Regards,

Mark

--
Mark Birbeck, webBackplane