Re: [foaf-protocols] WebID pre-alpha specification (uses RDFa)

Reto Bachmann-Gmür wrote:
> Hi
>
> Some opinions a first look:
>
> - I'm against requiring RDFA as this means I cannot expose my triple
> store as a collection of Web-Ids without adding some templates.

RDFa shouldn't be mandatory or given higher status to other data
representation formats associated with RDF (the Data Model).

I believe Manu is fixing / fixed this.
>  If we
> really think a format mus be guaranteed the I think it should be
> RDF/XML.

No!

Data Representations shouldn't become a battle ground. Please remember
the very essence of Web Architecture: Data Representation formats are
Negotiable.

Give examples using appropriate formats when seeking optimal
communication vehicle for a give audience etc.. RDFa for HTML audience
and one of the other RDF model associated formats when dealing with LOD
and Semantic Web Core types.

> - I disagree with 2.2.4, especially if the PPD is delivered oven an
> insecure connection the server might have better ways to verify that
> the claimed identity matches the keypair used by the request of the
> client
> - Webid/OpenId: it should be noted that the WebId identifies the
> agent, while the OpenId identifies (an htmlt representation of the)
> PPD (as Toby noted the two URIs are typically related)

OpenID aligns to the Profile Doc i.e. they can have the same URL as I've
demonstrated repeatedly.

Kingsley