Re: [foaf-protocols] WebID pre-alpha specification (uses RDFa)

On Mon, Jul 12, 2010 at 4:29 PM, Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com> wrote:
> Reto Bachmann-Gmür wrote:
>>  If we
>> really think a format mus be guaranteed the I think it should be
>> RDF/XML.
>>

> No!
>
> Data Representations shouldn't become a battle ground. Please remember the
> very essence of Web Architecture: Data Representation formats are
> Negotiable.

On a second thought, I do think it is reasonable to mandate some
formats as this is needed to guarantee interoperability of the system.
Saying "you can log-in to this site with your webid" shouldn't need
the addition "as long as your web-id is dereferenceable as xy or as
xz" to be a sufficient description of what I need to log in.

Reto