Re: B-scopes

On Nov 14, 2012, at 5:17 AM, Antoine Zimmermann wrote:

> I don't understand what a b-scope is. Ok, I have a definition for b-scope:
>
> "A b-scope is a scope for blank node identifiers."
>
> but what is "a scope for blank node identifiers"?

Well, you understand the basic idea of a scope for an identifier, right? Its something like a syntactic or operational region within which the identifier has a fixed meaning. If you use that same identifier outside its scope, it means something different. So "the manager" in one office refers to Fred, but in a different office refers to Bill: offices are scopes for that particular identifier. In a functional programming language, variable binders define scopes for the variables they bind.

Pat