Re: the term "named graphs"

On Fri, 2012-04-27 at 10:45 -0700, Jeremy Carroll wrote:
> On 4/27/2012 1:44 AM, Antoine Zimmermann wrote:
> > Remember that "named graph" is normative as it's part of a normative
> > section of the SPARQL recommendation.
>
> I just looked this up, and the definition seems to be in section 8
> http://www.w3.org/TR/2008/REC-rdf-sparql-query-20080115/#rdfDataset
> "An RDF Dataset comprises one graph, the default graph, which does not
> have a name, and zero or more named graphs, where each named graph is
> identified by an IRI."
>
> This wording seems to me to suggest that G is a named graph if and only
> if there is a pair
>
> (u, G)
>
> in the dataset.

Thanks for looking that up.  I'm fine with that meaning for the term.

Being pedantic, and using my terms from 6.3, the named graph is the RDF
Graph comprising the RDF Triples known to be contained by the graph
resource which has the given name.   But I don't think boiling that down
to "named graph" is too misleading.

     -- Sandro