Re: Graphs Design 6.2

Le 25/04/2012 13:44, Sandro Hawke a écrit :
> Here's a sketch of 6.2, which is similar to 6.1, but differs in the
> areas where people have made me think they didn't like it.  I have not
> put it on a wiki page or given it test cases yet.
>
> The differences are:
>
>    * Partial-graph semantics, instead of complete-graph semantics.  This
> is more quad-like, and may be seen as more in keeping with RDF's usual
> style of working with partial knowledge.   It makes it harder to reason
> about what's unsaid, but few people are doing that anyway.

Both semantics could coexist, with an indicator making explicit which
one is assumed.

>    * A keyword "@union" may be given instead of the default graph,
> indicating the default graph is the union of all the named graphs.  This
> means everything in those graphs is asserted.    (Alternatively, we
> could have "@asserted", perhaps parameterized by "all" or the names of
> those graphs which are considered asserted.)

By "union", don't you mean "merge"?
If so, I already made the very same proposal in my email showing how the
semantics of datasets [1] is addressing the use cases [2].

Unfortunately, this email was never discussed, nor commented, nor
replied to at all. I'm even wondering whether it has been read.
It annoys me a lot that my proposal seems to be disregarded, when Pat's
proposals, which have been always incomplete to various extent so far,
are always getting a lot of attention.

[1]
http://www.w3.org/2011/rdf-wg/wiki/TF-Graphs/RDF-Datasets-Proposal#Semantics
[2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-wg/2012Mar/0038.html