Re: Union or not union for the default graph...

My problem with this is that it becomes a closed possibility provided by the store, and not the choice of the dataset provider. I mean: the SPARQL service description tells me about the default dataset at the SPARQL endpoint. Is there a way to tell the SPARQL engine to use or not to use the union of the graphs that are in a specific SPARQL query>

What am looking for is a way to tell the system: this is what I want. Do I want a quoting or a union semantics for my particular dataset?

Ivan

On Apr 12, 2012, at 22:45 , Andy Seaborne wrote:

> On 12/04/12 21:31, David Wood wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Perhaps we should provide a standard way for an RDF system to
>> advertise how the default graph. That would be sufficient to plug the
>> hole Ivan sees without forking the semantics, wouldn't it?
>>
>> Linked Data systems already advertise a lot via VoID. This wouldn't
>> require much of an extension and needn't even be normative.
>
> Description (using some kind of meta data language) is much better than
> putting in the core architecture.
>
> And the amount of work needed is nice as well:
>
> http://www.w3.org/TR/sparql11-service-description/#sd-uniondefaultgraph
>
> (A TriG syntax shortcut would be nice as well, but not necessary if compatibility with current de facto syntax is deemed more important)
>
> 	Andy

----
Home: http://www.w3.org/People/Ivan/
mobile: +31-641044153