Re: [ALL] 48 Hours to Prioritize Graph Use Cases

On 2011-10-06, at 08:35, Andy Seaborne wrote:

> On 05/10/11 23:16, Ian Davis wrote:
>> I think 4.2 web crawling (or aggregation in general) is very important
>>
>> Also I don't see it on the existing list but being able to edit
>> datasets at the granularity of the graph rather than the triple is
>> very important. i.e. It is very convenient to be able to replace all
>> the triples in one named graph with a new set when doing things like
>> web crawling.
>
> Agreed.
>
> Some words added (section 1.7, to keep the numbering stable); Ian, do feel free to refine them.
>
> This relates to 1.5 "Exchanging the contents of RDF stores".

Agreed, on all counts.

However I'd like it to be expanded in scope slightly to also cover information derived from non-RDF pages which are being crawled (pure self-interest, as this is where we get most of our data). It's slightly different from a modelling point of view, as foo.html doesn't typically contain any actual triples, just information which cause triples to be asserted.

That, in combination with “1.3 Graph Changes Over Time”, and “1.5 Exchanging the contents of RDF stores” captures our most challenging data representation challenges.

- Steve

--
Steve Harris, CTO, Garlik Limited
1-3 Halford Road, Richmond, TW10 6AW, UK