Re: "do not occur"

Alan Ruttenberg wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 2, 2009 at 4:59 PM, Axel Polleres <axel.polleres@deri.org> wrote:
>>> Incidentally, the fact that you can filter using the DATATYPE function
>>> in sparql is another hint that something is amiss. By my earlier
>>> analysis, the DATATYPE function should never return rdf:PlainLiteral,
>>> according to our spec.
>> Indeed, *according to our spec*. This is why I prefer Option 2 which makes
>> this point clear.
>
> I would modify it to not try to make it invalid, but instead to make
> it clear we say nothing about the lexical to value mapping of such
> literals within RDF and SPARQL.
>
> In other words, you can write them, but it won't mean what you think it would.
>
> -Alan

Hmmm, I am not sure I understand what you mean.
Are you objecting against Option 2? Arguing for Option 1?

I was speaking in favor of Option 2 and can live with Option 3.
Summarizing, we have the following votes at the moment:

Option 1:
  0 (sandro) 1 (pat) 1 (peter) -1 (axel)
Option 2:
  0 (sandro) 0 (pat)  0 (peter)  1 (axel)
Option 3:
  1 (sandro) 0 (pat)  0 (peter)  0 (axel)

Are you proposing something different?

best,
Axel

--
Dr. Axel Polleres
Digital Enterprise Research Institute, National University of Ireland,