Re: A different symbol for {|

Hi Laura,

I'm glad you bring this up... I was thinking the same thing, but I
refrained from asking to not complicate the consensus ;)
However, note that the outcome of the current effort is not a
recommendation, so syntax can still be changed when going towards a
standard.

I dig the <<>> syntax, it is in line with the URI notation, but the {| |}
(they are next to eachother on my keyboard btw ;)) feels unintuitive
compared to something like <! >. The { } make me think of graphs and that
might have been the intention. So to prevent going into this uninformed (
https://github.com/w3c/rdf-star/issues/9 doesn't mention the notation's
origins), perhaps Pierre-Antoine or someone else could briefly explain the
rationale. I would definitely consider this an issue of low priority.

Laura, about your [1] proposal: I think this was discussed in other mail
threads. There's the thread by Pat Hayes and Ivan Herman talking about
reference by hash. Lionel Medini also proposed a :bob :age 42 @{ :source <
http://example.org/~bob/> }. syntax. Bu I believe the plan is to keep
annotations and triples together while staying within the triples  model.

best