Re: use cases for RDF*

On 10/14/20 12:02 PM, Kingsley Idehen wrote:
> I've stumbled across a nice paper that covers a variety of RDF store
> approaches without introducing any of this RDF* and SPARQL* confusion [1].
>
> Links:
>
> [1] http://www.semantic-web-journal.net/system/files/swj1791.pdf --
> Evaluation of Metadata Representations in
> RDF stores

That's a nice comparison of approaches!  Thanks for bringing that paper
to our attention!  Two other thoughts come to mind:

  - Standardization of n-ary relations could also help address this
problem, because it would allow tools to automatically recognize and
better support them, such as with convenient syntactic sugar.

  - Automatic transparent conversion between different representations
could also help, so that a representation that is most convenient in one
context could be viewed and used differently in another context.

However, these topics may be better suited to some other forum, since
they are much broader than RDF*.

David Booth