Re: Reified triple syntax

On 19/09/2024 16:56, Franconi Enrico wrote:
> On 20 Sep 2024, at 00:50, Andy Seaborne <andy@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>> Having the reifier id at the end is the same style as annotation.
>>
>> # Reified triple declaration
>> << :s :p :o ~ :r >> .
>>
>> :s :p :o ~ :r .
>> :s :p :o ~ :r  {| :q :z |} .
>>
>> Having it "pre" in one case and "post" in the other is a bit strange IMO.
>
> I probably lost some steps of the discussion, but I can not make sense
> of this:
>
>     << :s :p :o ~ :r >> .

It is a reified triple declaration.
A request (from Souri) was for syntax for that reifier ids that was
decoupled from immediately using the id in a predicateObjectList.

   << :s :p :o ~ :r >> .

is shorthand for

   :r rdf:reifies <<( :s :p :o )>> .

> nor of this:
>
>     :s :p :o ~ :r .

That is shorthand syntax for:

:s :p :o .
:r rdf:reifies <<( :s :p :o )>> .

It's part of annotation syntax, in this case the declaration form
without an annotation block "{| predicateObjectList |}"

> —e.

There has been long discussions about the current syntax in github
issues. No one will be happy about everything in syntax discussions.

Syntax looks different when used small examples and to what it looks
like in large/real-life examples.

     Andy