Reified triple syntax

Forked thread.
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-star-wg/2024Sep/0062.html

On 19/09/2024 11:17, Franconi Enrico wrote:
> On 19 Sep 2024, at 17:44, Andy Seaborne <andy@apache.org> wrote:
>> The syntax for optionally naming the refiier in an occurrence changed.
>>
>> Occurrence syntax: << :id | :s :p :o >> :pp :oo
>> ==>
>> Occurrence syntax: << :s :p :o ~ :id >> :pp :oo
>
> Let me voice my personal opinion about this change: I don’t like it,
since it it much less legible to me.
> If you really insist on having the “~” symbol, I’d rather prefer:
>   << :id  ~ :s :p :o >> :pp :oo.
> since it emphasise in a direct way that the denotation of that term
is “:id”.
> —e.

Position:

Having the reifier id at the end is the same style as annotation.

# Reified triple declaration
<< :s :p :o ~ :r >> .

:s :p :o ~ :r .

Having it "pre" in one case and "post" in the other is a bit strange IMO.

On a technical level, it keeps the grammar requirements simple.

Seeing "<< :r", the parser can't tell if that is a subject or a reifier
id. Initial placement is possible at the cost of more complicated rules
or a lookahead of 2+ which limits the implementation tooling available.

Symbol:

'|' is visually confusing for SPARQL.

     Andy