Re: voting against use of rdf:ReificationProperty

Hi Greg,

you can’t use triple terms in RDF 1.1, but you can reify reifications via triple terms in RDF-star, e.g.

    :r rdf:reifies <<( :s :p :o )>> ;
       :a :b .
    :q rdf:reifies <<( :r rdf:reifies <<( :s :p :o )>>  )>> ;
       :c :d .

Doesn’t that solve your problem?

And we probably should actively discourage mixing RDF standard reification and RDF-star reification, because not only does it make the property rdf:object an instance of class rdf:ReificationProperty (which is not thaaat problematic IMHO), but in addition to that the subject of an RDF standard reification becomes also an occurrence of the triple term in object position, and that seems pretty unwelcome to me.
E.g.:

    :r rdf:reifies <<( :s :p :o )>> .
    :t a rdf:Statement ;
       rdf:subject :r ;
       rdf:predicate rdf:reifies ;
       rdf:object <<( :s :p :o )>> .

:t is now both a reification of ':r rdf:reifies <<( :s :p :o )>> .' (because of RDF 1.1 standard reification) and '<<( :s :p :o )>> ' (because rdf:object also acts as an RDF-star reification property).

But it shouldn’t surprise us too much that two different meta-modelling mechanisms can have strange and un-welcome interactions when applied to each other.

Best,
Thomas