Re: [External] : Re: RDF is a framework, not a vocabulary

Why shouldn't it? If I have a triple in one graph and a triple in another,
then any reification mechanism should reasonably be able to differentiate
these. In most cases, the rdf:g statement would "default" to the default
graph, if that was in the configuration settings. Keep in mind, that if I
say:

_:b1 rdf:subject  :s ;
         rdf:predicate :p ;
         rdf:object :o  ;
#         rdf:graph :g  ;
         .

_:b2 rdf:subject  :s ;
         rdf:predicate :p ;
         rdf:object :o  ;
#         rdf:graph :g  ;
         .  .

This is perfectly valid if you define a reification structurally, because
it is an annotational pattern, not a triple - it isn't necessarily in the
graph. (same holds for :g1 and :g2).

I know a lot of people in this WG don't like graphs, but they are part of
the RDF family of specifications, and we have to look for a solution that
allows for graphs for the sake of completeness. Named node expressions are
one way to do this without getting into thorny cardinality issues.

*Kurt Cagle*
Editor in Chief
The Cagle Report
kurt.cagle@gmail.com