Re: [External] : Re: handling ("asserted") s-p-o triples and ("stated" or "reified") id-s-p-o 4-tuples in RDF/SPARQL

> On 16 Aug 2024, at 15:56, James Anderson <anderson.james.1955@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On 15. Aug 2024, at 10:00, Peter F. Patel-Schneider <pfpschneider@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>> Entailments do not "add" anything to the graph.  The graph is the graph, after all, and is immutable.  Entailments instead show what follows from the triples in a graph.  Even in a system, an entailment regime can be enforced without adding anything to the data stored by the system.

Indeed, entailment makes explicit facts which are true anyway, albeit implicitly.
So having entailed facts in the graph or not is irrelevant, since they are true anyway. As a special case, trivially any fact explicitly present in the graph is also entailed.

> the actual process is not that well defined : https://ceur-ws.org/Vol-1059/ordring2013-paper3.pdf

This pepper is about the semantics of update under entailment regimes, and I don’t see its relevance here.

—e.