Re: [w3c/rdf-star-wg] work with antoine and others to come up with a proposal for weak and strong compliance (Issue #19)

> On Mar 22, 2023, at 9:48 AM, Ted Thibodeau Jr <notifications@github.com> wrote:
>
> I took a look over the minutes of last weeks meeting.
>

> There was a long discussion of open pull requests and a discussion of using tags to characterize pull requests.   I think that the terminology used in the discussion was incorrect and what was really talked about was GitHub labels, which can be attached to issues and pull requests, not GitHub tags, which are used on commits and releases.   It is worthwhile putting an explanation in the minutes?
>

> At the end of the discussion there was a comment about editors tagging (with labels, I guess) PRs.  There hasn't been any followup discussion as far as I can see.  What I do see is that some labels have been attached to issues (e.g., in https://github.com/w3c/rdf-concepts/issues) and pull requests (e.g., in https://github.com/w3c/rdf-concepts/pulls) using what appear to be new labels.   Is there a description of what these labels mean and how they are supposed to be used?

These labels were imported shortly after the repos were set up by Pierre-Antoine, I believe. They are a standardized set of labels used for W3C repos, but the meaning can be open to interpretation.

The way I applied the labels to issues and PRs in RDF Concepts and N-Quads was as follows:

* “Editorial” and “spec:editorial” for changes that are or should be considered purely editorial in nature.
* “spec:enhancement” for non-editorial but non-normative changes.
* “spec:substantive” for substantive changes.

If you look at the label definitions (e.g., [1]) there is room for a description, but you need to look for it. Based on this, I’m probably using “Editorial” wrong, but the various “spec:*” labels don’t have a description.

Gregg

[1] https://github.com/w3c/rdf-concepts/labels