Re: Shapes Constraint Language (SHACL) Working Draft of 2017-02-02

Peter,

The word MAY was not used to talk about this variable in the published draft. Having said this, I think the tension you are describing may have to do with the fact that section 5.3.1 talks about $shapesGraph and $currentShape as optional *if supported*, while sections 5.3 and 6.3 that refer to it said that these variables MUST be used.

Please see modified language for sections 5.3 and 6.3 in the latest editor’s draft. Does this clarify the topic in your view?

Regards,

Irene Polikoff