Re: Shapes Constraint Language (SHACL) Working Draft of 2017-02-02

Peter,

All 4 uses of the words “assumed to be” are currently in the non normative (informative) sections of the spec. The intention of the text that uses the words is to informally explain the selection of targets and focus nodes.

Is replacing “assumed to be” with “will be” as in (2.1.3.1):

The variable targetNode will be pre-bound <https://www.w3.org/TR/shacl/#pre-binding> to the given value of sh:targetNode. All bindings <https://www.w3.org/TR/shacl/#dfn-binding> of the variable this from the solution <https://www.w3.org/TR/shacl/#dfn-solution> become focus nodes.

addresses your concern?