Re: Community outreach with a cheat sheet!

From: Ben Adida <ben@adida.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 10:07:35 -0700
To: Mark Birbeck <mark.birbeck@x-port.net>
CC: Shane McCarron <shane@aptest.com>, David Peterson <david@squishyfish.com>, Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org>, W3C RDFa task force <public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org>

I can't emphasize enough how much I agree with Mark on this one :)

> So hCard came from vCard...and we disappear up our own semantic
> worm-holes if we now define a namespace for hCard as a vocabulary, to
> be used in RDFa!

Exactly. Let's go back to the source of these vocabularies. And let's
not forget that there are a *lot* of folks in the semweb world (and
beyond) who have been worried about the tedious details of getting these
vocabularies right!

> I blogged over the weekend along these lines [1], showing how the
> rel-license microformat is *exactly* the same as using @rel="license"
> in RDFa

Then I think you might like the new Primer draft on its way soon.....