Serving XHTML as HTML -- still valid for RDFa

From: David Peterson <david@squishyfish.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2008 22:03:24 +1000

Just received this comment from SitePoint [1]:

Comment:
I was referring mostly to the fact that the dominant browser treats XHTML as HTML, so using XHTML (that is to say, serving as XHTML) is not currently viable.

I don't know if XHTML served as HTML can take advantage of things like RDFa. I assume it can, but I don't know.

So, before I respond what is the official answer?

Thanks,

David

[1] http://www.sitepoint.com/blogs/2008/03/14/preparing-your-sites-for-the-data-web/#comment-654414