RE: Test case #31

Toby,

>Cognition seems to fail this because it converts "urn:ISBN:
>0752820907" to "urn:isbn:0752820907". According to my reading of RFC
>2141, section 2.1, these two URIs are considered identical.

I think you raised an important issue. Others, please do correct me, but
IMHO the current RDFa Syntax [1] does not address URI normalization at
all.

According to RFC 3986 [2], section 6.2.2.1. (Case Normalization)

 '... other generic syntax components are assumed to be case-sensitive
unless specifically defined otherwise by the scheme (see Section 6.2.3)'

and further, section 6.2.3. (Scheme-Based Normalization) of [2] says

 'The syntax and semantics of URIs vary from scheme to scheme, as
described by the defining specification for each scheme. Implementations
may use scheme-specific rules, at further processing cost, to reduce the
probability of false negatives.'

which leads us precisely to section 2.1 of RFC 2141 [3] as mentioned by
you, Toby, that states:

'Further, the Namespace Identifier is case insensitive, so that "ISBN"
and "isbn" refer to the same namespace.'

So, the problem I see here now for us is that we don't do any
normalization in the RDFa TC either. I dunno how others feel but there
are basically two options: either we extend ALL the RDFa TC with
alternatives of normalized (like we did with XMLLiteral, e.g. in TC102
[4]) or we clarify that issue in the syntax.

Thoughts?

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/rdfa-syntax/
[2] http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3986.txt
[3] http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2141.txt