Re: Validation Update: success!

Karl Dubost wrote:
> A related question.
> RDFa being not finished not even in last call. I would like to know a
> few things.
>
> * Will the DTD be maintained at each version of RDFa published?
>   If yes, please inform public-qa-dev@w3.org

With each official, director-approved version of RDFa-and-host-language,
yes.

> * Will the DTD be published in the next TR/ draft?

Yes.

> * Would it be wise to wait until CR before having the official validator
> supporting this DTD?
>   Rationale: Someone creates document, validate them, put a logo of
> validation, and then two months later the document is not anymore valid
> because RDFa has changed.

There's a chicken and egg problem here, which is that folks want to see
this validate ASAP before they start building more RDFa tools. So it
would help if this could happen sooner than CR. I understand the risk,
although I think that, with our next round of the RDFa syntax, we're
going to get very close to 0 probability of syntax change.

-Ben