Re: [RDFa] issues meta/link outside of head and browsers implementation

Steven Pemberton wrote:

> On Wed, 14 Feb 2007 15:51:13 +0100, Elias Torres <elias@torrez.us> wrote:
>
>> Steven Pemberton wrote:

>>> Ha! I'd missed that. Good idea.
>>>
>>> How about:

>> Why do we need role="meta"? Is it for reification purposes, etc?
>>

>>> and

>> Why not just use the fact that @href is there?
>>
>> It's snowing outside, so forgive me if I'm missing something. :)
>
> The standard rule for @rel and @property is that you look for the
> closest @about above in the tree, or otherwise use the document as the
> about.
>
> For meta and link is was different; the about was the parent element
> (unless there was an explicit about on the link or meta).

Right. It is used to create blank nodes, but could we do something a bit
more obvious instead, like @about="[_:whatever]"? Instead of going
around the way and defining an encoding to something we defined in a
draft specification.

Anyways, we are discussing your suggestion, but Ben might already have
another since he mentioned it.

-Elias