Re: [RDFa] issues meta/link outside of head and browsers implementation

On Wed, 14 Feb 2007 15:51:13 +0100, Elias Torres <elias@torrez.us> wrote:

> Steven Pemberton wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, 13 Feb 2007 14:57:10 +0100, Ben Adida <ben@adida.net> wrote:
>>
>>> Yes, we've seen this, too, which is why all of the examples no longer
>>> use LINK and META outside of the HEAD.
>>>
>>> Basically, we're working on having all of RDFa implementable using only
>>> extra attributes, since such extra attributes are supposed to be
>>> ignored
>>> by browser, as per the HTML spec, and in fact other tools (the Dojo
>>> toolkit) use custom attributes already and the browsers don't mind.
>>
>> Ha! I'd missed that. Good idea.
>>
>> How about:

> Why do we need role="meta"? Is it for reification purposes, etc?
>

>> and

> Why not just use the fact that @href is there?
>
> It's snowing outside, so forgive me if I'm missing something. :)

The standard rule for @rel and @property is that you look for the closest
@about above in the tree, or otherwise use the document as the about.

For meta and link is was different; the about was the parent element
(unless there was an explicit about on the link or meta).

Steven