Re: what functions should we include in SPARQL 1.1?

On 11 Nov 2010, at 01:14, Axel Polleres wrote:

> On 10 Nov 2010, at 17:05, Andy Seaborne wrote:

>>> that'd work for me.
>>
>> It was a question - is that the proposal you are making?
>
> Yes.
>
> 1) owl:sameAs is one possiblity.
> We could describe such things in the sparqlfn: namespace document, right?
>
> 2) Alternatively/additionally we could also redirect that URI to the fn: one.
> To be discussed.
>
> 3) this one is more speculative... could we also do something similar to RDFa's namespace profiles?
>   (this is more a question than a proposal so far, because I don't know/understand that mechanism well enough yet)

Good idea, and that would be nice if we can use term mappings in similar profiles.
(e.g. fooBar rather than having to check if thats fn:fooBar, sparql:fooBar or myRDFStore:fooBar)
If not, we'll still have 2 URI prefixes.

Alex.

--
Dr. Alexandre Passant
Digital Enterprise Research Institute