Re: [TF-PP] Zero-length paths (ACTION-251)

On Jun 4, 2010, at 7:32 AM, Andy Seaborne wrote:

> Another possibility is all subjects + all objects as subjects and objects are the only things returnable by paths.
>
> Gives a count of 2 for
> SELECT (COUNT(*) AS ?count) WHERE { ?start :p{0} ?end }

I considered that, but thought that we might want to be able to do this:

SELECT ?label WHERE {
	?p rdfs:subPropertyOf* rdfs:label .
	?s ?p ?label .
}

Would the * experience the same restriction on zero-length paths as the fixed-length {0}? If so, it seems that this query wouldn't work if there were no rdfs:label subproperties and no statements with rdfs:label as the subject/object.

.greg