Re: Final text for Basic Graph Patterns

>On Jan 17, 2006, at 3:42 PM, Pat Hayes wrote:
>[...]
>>Let us agree that ANY wording we finish up with MUST support the
>>same results for basic SPARQL patterns, i.e. for the simple
>>entailment case.  In fact, I thought we had already agreed this
>>some time ago.
>
>Well, in a little-a agreement sense, yes, there does seem to be a
>critical mass of
>support there.

That was what I meant. "we" here = the guys who are arguing.

>But formally, I haven't put any question on rdfSemantics; I'm
>inclined to sort of
>decide the whole thing at once, since pulling on any one little string in this
>sort of thing seems quite likely to unravel large parts of it.
>
>I'm hopeful that we do have an agreement in principle

Well, I'll go along with the tide as far as I can, but the more I
think about this, the better the 'allow redundancy but deprecate it'
solution seems to be. I think we are on track to do a premature
optimization thingie here which will quite soon turn out to have been
just the kind of mistake we ought to have learned not to make. But
I'm not going to lie down in the road about it, to use a phrase I
recently learned from Bijan.

>and that AndyS will
>be able to capture it in the editor's draft and incorporate email feedback
>in the next couple days and that this Thursday, I will be
>able to do a sort of ceremonial "PROPOSED: that rq23 v1.xyz addresses
>rdfSemantics; any objections? hearing none, so ordered."

I understand, but don't hold your breath.

Pat

>--
>Dan Connolly, W3C http://www.w3.org/People/Connolly/

IHMC		(850)434 8903 or (650)494 3973   home
40 South Alcaniz St.	(850)202 4416   office
Pensacola			(850)202 4440   fax
FL 32502			(850)291 0667    cell