Re: Final text for Basic Graph Patterns (rdfSemantics)

On Jan 16, 2006, at 10:07 AM, Bijan Parsia wrote:
> On Jan 14, 2006, at 10:11 AM, Enrico Franconi wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> we ask to finalise the text of Section 2.5.
>
> Me too.
>
> [snip rebuttal of pat]
>
>> At this point it is becoming too late. We ask that either our text is
>> used (with possible editorial changes to discuss),
>
> In fact, I though we agreed to do this. I don't know of any technincal
> errors or issues with the proposed text,

... to wit,
http://www.w3.org/mid/2B187D7F-B385-48E5-B312-4963896ABB30@inf.unibz.it
  January 14, 2006 9:11:08 AM CST
if I'm following correctly...

>  and many of the tweaks and variations being proposed for "clarity"
> have fall down. Hard. There are a *lot* of complex and subtle issues.
> We should go with what *works*.

I haven't managed to study these definitions carefully...

Are they intended to specify the same design as the LC draft, as far as
can bee seen from tests?
http://www.w3.org/TR/2005/WD-rdf-sparql-query-20050721/

If there are any substantive changes, I'd like to see test case
sketches that characterize them.

But I gather that no substantive changes are proposed in the 14 Jan
text.

>> or that the DAWG does not conclude the work on the 31st of January
>> and we'll have a F2F during the W3C tech plenary in France at the end
>> of February.
>> We recall that our text provides the use of entailment, the
>> correspondence with the subgraph matching based implementations, and
>> uniqueness of solutions for interoperability;

That seems to confirm that this design looks the same, from the
perspective of tests.

>>  its core definitions are stable since its appearance on the 2nd of
>> November 2005 <http://www.inf.unibz.it/krdb/w3c/sparql/>.
> [snip]
>
> While allowing for a reasonably clean extension to more expressive
> languages from RDF and RDFS through OWL (and others, really). In fact,
> it would be rather simple for us to produce a submission (working
> group?) explaining how to do this.
>
> It would be nice to settle this as it would be nice to make some
> progress on the algebra.

"progress on the algebra"? so there's more to do to close the
rdfSemantics issue?