Re: Final text for Basic Graph Patterns

On Jan 14, 2006, at 10:11 AM, Enrico Franconi wrote:

> Hi,
> we ask to finalise the text of Section 2.5.

Me too.

[snip rebuttal of pat]

> At this point it is becoming too late. We ask that either our text is
> used (with possible editorial changes to discuss),

In fact, I though we agreed to do this. I don't know of any technincal
errors or issues with the proposed text, and many of the tweaks and
variations being proposed for "clarity" have fall down. Hard. There are
a *lot* of complex and subtle issues. We should go with what *works*.

> or that the DAWG does not conclude the work on the 31st of January and
> we'll have a F2F during the W3C tech plenary in France at the end of
> February.
> We recall that our text provides the use of entailment, the
> correspondence with the subgraph matching based implementations, and
> uniqueness of solutions for interoperability; its core definitions are
> stable since its appearance on the 2nd of November 2005
> <http://www.inf.unibz.it/krdb/w3c/sparql/>.
[snip]

While allowing for a reasonably clean extension to more expressive
languages from RDF and RDFS through OWL (and others, really). In fact,
it would be rather simple for us to produce a submission (working
group?) explaining how to do this.

It would be nice to settle this as it would be nice to make some
progress on the algebra.

Cheers,
Bijan.