RE: questionable syntax choices

From: Michael Kay <mhk@mhk.me.uk>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 22:46:57 +0100
To: "'Volkmann, Mark'" <Mark.Volkmann@AGEDWARDS.com>, "'Jonathan Robie'" <jonathan.robie@datadirect.com>, <scott_boag@us.ibm.com>
Cc: <public-qt-comments@w3.org>
 I'd guess it will be hard to make the case that including the semicolon
makes writing XQuery parsers significantly easier.

As I think we've explained several times, the semicolons are not there to
make writing parsers easier. They are there to give you better error
diagnostics when you get the syntax wrong.

---------
A.G. Edwards & Sons' outgoing and incoming e-mails are electronically
archived and subject to review and/or disclosure to someone other
than the recipient.

---------