Re: EPUBCheck Fundraising Hosting

Dear Luc,

Thank you for the offer. I've forwarded it to the EDRLab board for urgent discussion. My only issue is that I'll start summer vacations tomorrow and be back on September 3rd. So I won't be able to participate to the call on Friday, but may be able to send some info before.

Re. which kind of website, I'm thinking about a WordPress based web site. Simple and cheap to setup, good templates everywhere, easy to maintain. This can have a specific domain name, a partner domain name (e.g. w3.org <http://w3.org/>) if it's easy for the partner tech team to set it up, or the EDRLab domain name is the SC prefers. But if the SC wants it to be "inside" an existing platform (like an existing Drupal for example, or github.io <http://github.io/> or I don't know what) better to say it now because it may be a show stopper depending the difficulty).

Re. how donations may be done, an online payment system like Stripe can handle Visa, Mastercard, Amex, and in Europe SEPA transfers (there is a fee for each payment). But sponsors may want to pay via wire transfers ...

One issue the SC has to discuss asap is who will be the owner of the bank account and who will send the invoices.
It could be EDRLab (with the correct contract between EDRLab and ... who?), in which case EDRLab could handle invoices and corresponding international wire transfers. But it would mean that these money transfers (back and forth) are included in the EDRLab balance sheet. EDRLab would have to handle VAT payments for French donators, and store VAT numbers of all European donators. And if the net result at the end of a year is positive, there would be French taxes (EDRLab is not freed of taxes). It's true that this is a burden.
Do you want to discuss an alternative solution? Which company in the SC would be ready to open a bank account, send invoices, get money from all over the world, add this to its balance sheet and pay the corresponding taxes (in its country)?

Cordialement,

Laurent Le Meur
EDRLab