Re: PROV-DC Note ready for internal (final?) review

Hi Daniel,

Great work. I'm happy for the note to go out as a working draft.

A couple of things to think about for next round:
- It seems we should say something about the dct:provenance relation other
thatn we don't do a mapping. Can we not map it to bundles or have it point
to an entity? I wonder what the relation to prov:has_provenance is?
- In section 2.2. point 1) - I would remove the mention of blank nodes -
this doesn't seem to add anything
- Does "his leads to bloated and not very intuitive data representations."
add anything?
- In section 2.2 you mention a clean-up phase which has not yet been
described.
- There's a typo in the acknowledgments "Iniciative" should be "initiative"

Question: can the complex mappings be used to create dublin core statements
from prov? Are they bidirectional?

Thanks
Paul

On Wed, Feb 20, 2013 at 5:19 PM, Daniel Garijo <
dgarijo@delicias.dia.fi.upm.es> wrote:

>  Hi all,
> Kai and I have gone through the issues and we have given a pass through
> the whole document.
> I have reestructured it and now I think it reads better.
> The latest version can be accessed at:
> https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/prov/raw-file/default/dc-note/dc-note.html
>
> A detailed answer to the reviews made by Simon and Luc can be accessed
> here:
> http://www.w3.org/2011/prov/wiki/AnswersToProvDCReviewers (on the bottom
> of the page)
>
> The wiki page also summarizes the decissions over the main changes
> proposed to the mapping.
> All issues are now pending review. Once I get the confirmation from Simon
> and Luc, I'll proceed to stage
> the note.
>
> @Ivan: I need to update 2 documents that are linked from the note (in
> particular
> http://www.w3.org/ns/prov-dc-directmappings.ttl and
> http://www.w3.org/ns/prov-dc-refinements.ttl.
> Both have changed a little bit). Who should I contact to do so?
> The right versions can be accessed at
> https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/prov/file/tip/dc-note/files/prov-dc-directmappings.ttl
> and
> https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/prov/file/tip/dc-note/files/prov-dc-refinements.ttlrespectively.
>
> Best,
> Daniel

Dr. Paul Groth (p.t.groth@vu.nl)
http://www.few.vu.nl/~pgroth/
Assistant Professor
- Knowledge Representation & Reasoning Group |
  Artificial Intelligence Section | Department of Computer Science
- The Network Institute
VU University Amsterdam