Re: Multiple XML schema files for a common target namespace (PROV-ISSUE-608)

How about the following changes? More discussion of the bundleConstructor referencing element name below.

  <xs:complexType name="Bundle">
    <xs:complexContent>
      <xs:extension base="prov:Entity">
      </xs:extension>
    </xs:complexContent>
  </xs:complexType>

  <xs:complexType name="BundleConstructor">
 <xs:sequence maxOccurs="unbounded">
  <xs:group ref="prov:documentElements"/>
  <xs:any namespace="##other" processContents="lax" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded"/>
 </xs:sequence>
 <xs:attribute ref="prov:id"/>
  </xs:complexType>

  <xs:element name="document" type="prov:Document" />
  <xs:complexType name="Document">
    <xs:sequence maxOccurs="unbounded">
        <xs:group ref="prov:documentElements" minOccurs="0"/>
  <xs:element name="bundleConstructor" type="prov:BundleConstructor" minOccurs="0"/>
        <xs:any namespace="##other" processContents="lax" minOccurs="0" />
    </xs:sequence>
  </xs:complexType>

The group prov:documentElements does not contain a reference to prov:BundleConstructor.

On Feb 13, 2013, at 2:50 AM, Stian Soiland-Reyes <soiland-reyes@cs.manchester.ac.uk> wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 13, 2013 at 8:19 AM, Luc Moreau <l.moreau@ecs.soton.ac.uk> wrote:
>> In section 5.4.2,
>> http://www.w3.org/TR/2012/CR-prov-dm-20121211/#term-bundle-entity, you will
>> see the sentence:
>>
>> A bundle description is of the form entity(id, [ prov:type='prov:Bundle',
>> attr1=val1, ...] )
>>
>> I therefore think it would be very confusing to use the term
>> bundleDescriptions to refer to the constructor of section 5.4.1
>
> Agreed.
>

>> A bundle constructor ◊ allows the content and the name of a bundle to be specified
>
> what about <bundleContent> then?  I think that should make distinction
> with <bundle> obvious, more so than the 'constructor' which you would
> have to read PROV-DM with a lens to understand.
>

> Thus in a way everything in PROV-XML is a description, <bundle> is a
> bundle description, and <bundleContent> describes the content of the
> bundle (ie. further PROV statements).

With the modeling suggestion above I use prov:bundleConstructor, but like Stian I am not a big fan of how it reads in XML.

I like the following (in order of preference):

bundleContent
bundleRecords
bundleStatements

--Stephan