W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-prov-wg@w3.org > April 2013

Re: prov-family is ready

From: Timothy Lebo <lebot@rpi.edu>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2013 12:31:07 -0400
Cc: Luc Moreau <l.moreau@ecs.soton.ac.uk>, "public-prov-wg@w3.org" <public-prov-wg@w3.org>, Paul Groth <p.t.groth@vu.nl>
Message-Id: <C42E5DF3-17B4-416D-9EE8-8796CAD2AD1B@rpi.edu>
To: Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org>

On Apr 29, 2013, at 12:23 PM, Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org> wrote:

> Luc,
> 
> it is done. I have actually set up the conneg and the redirection for the RDF/XML version already; at the moment, it will lead to 404, but you guys will complete it at some point.
> 

I pushed an RDF/XML version : https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/prov/file/tip/provenance/prov-family.rdf

-Tim





> Better to check, please!
> 
> Ivan
> 
> On Apr 29, 2013, at 17:55 , Luc Moreau <l.moreau@ecs.soton.ac.uk> wrote:
> 
>> 
>> I think we would need the following:
>> 
>> 
>> RewriteEngine On
>> RewriteBase /2011/prov/provenance
>> # prov-o has its own provenance file
>> RewriteRule prov-o.provn https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/prov/raw-file/default/provenance/prov-o.provn [R]
>> RewriteRule prov-o.provx https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/prov/raw-file/default/provenance/prov-o.provx [R]
>> RewriteRule prov-o.ttl https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/prov/raw-file/default/provenance/prov-o.ttl [R]
>> # the other prov-xxx use prov-family as provenance file
>> RewriteRule prov-aq.provn https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/prov/raw-file/default/provenance/prov-family.provn [R]
>> RewriteRule prov-aq.provx https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/prov/raw-file/default/provenance/prov-family.provx [R]
>> RewriteRule prov-aq.ttl https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/prov/raw-file/default/provenance/prov-family.ttl [R]
>> RewriteRule prov-constraints.provn https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/prov/raw-file/default/provenance/prov-family.provn [R]
>> RewriteRule prov-constraints.provx https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/prov/raw-file/default/provenance/prov-family.provx [R]
>> RewriteRule prov-constraints.ttl https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/prov/raw-file/default/provenance/prov-family.ttl [R]
>> RewriteRule prov-dc.provn https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/prov/raw-file/default/provenance/prov-family.provn [R]
>> RewriteRule prov-dc.provx https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/prov/raw-file/default/provenance/prov-family.provx [R]
>> RewriteRule prov-dc.ttl https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/prov/raw-file/default/provenance/prov-family.ttl [R]
>> RewriteRule prov-dictionary.provn https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/prov/raw-file/default/provenance/prov-family.provn [R]
>> RewriteRule prov-dictionary.provx https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/prov/raw-file/default/provenance/prov-family.provx [R]
>> RewriteRule prov-dictionary.ttl https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/prov/raw-file/default/provenance/prov-family.ttl [R]
>> RewriteRule prov-dm.provn https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/prov/raw-file/default/provenance/prov-family.provn [R]
>> RewriteRule prov-dm.provx https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/prov/raw-file/default/provenance/prov-family.provx [R]
>> RewriteRule prov-dm.ttl https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/prov/raw-file/default/provenance/prov-family.ttl [R]
>> RewriteRule prov-implementations.provn https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/prov/raw-file/default/provenance/prov-family.provn [R]
>> RewriteRule prov-implementations.provx https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/prov/raw-file/default/provenance/prov-family.provx [R]
>> RewriteRule prov-implementations.ttl https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/prov/raw-file/default/provenance/prov-family.ttl [R]
>> RewriteRule prov-links.provn https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/prov/raw-file/default/provenance/prov-family.provn [R]
>> RewriteRule prov-links.provx https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/prov/raw-file/default/provenance/prov-family.provx [R]
>> RewriteRule prov-links.ttl https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/prov/raw-file/default/provenance/prov-family.ttl [R]
>> RewriteRule prov-n.provn https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/prov/raw-file/default/provenance/prov-family.provn [R]
>> RewriteRule prov-n.provx https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/prov/raw-file/default/provenance/prov-family.provx [R]
>> RewriteRule prov-n.ttl https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/prov/raw-file/default/provenance/prov-family.ttl [R]
>> RewriteRule prov-overview.provn https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/prov/raw-file/default/provenance/prov-family.provn [R]
>> RewriteRule prov-overview.provx https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/prov/raw-file/default/provenance/prov-family.provx [R]
>> RewriteRule prov-overview.ttl https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/prov/raw-file/default/provenance/prov-family.ttl [R]
>> RewriteRule prov-primer.provn https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/prov/raw-file/default/provenance/prov-family.provn [R]
>> RewriteRule prov-primer.provx https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/prov/raw-file/default/provenance/prov-family.provx [R]
>> RewriteRule prov-primer.ttl https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/prov/raw-file/default/provenance/prov-family.ttl [R]
>> RewriteRule prov-xml.provn https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/prov/raw-file/default/provenance/prov-family.provn [R]
>> RewriteRule prov-xml.provx https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/prov/raw-file/default/provenance/prov-family.provx [R]
>> RewriteRule prov-xml.ttl https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/prov/raw-file/default/provenance/prov-family.ttl [R]
>> 
>> 
>> For the rdf file, it would be better to do it, once the ttl file has been cleaned up maybe.
>> 
>> For prov-o, ... yes, tim will need to generate the other formats if we want to support content negotiation.
>> 
>> Are you planning to provide svg through content negotiation too?
>> 
>> Luc
>> 
>> On 04/29/2013 04:37 PM, Ivan Herman wrote:
>>> Luc,
>>> 
>>> to be sure that I do not mess up something. At the moment, each file is redirected to its own thing. Ie, the .htaccess file looks like this:
>>> 
>>> RewriteEngine On
>>> RewriteBase /2011/prov/provenance
>>> RewriteRule prov-dm.ttl https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/prov/raw-file/default/provenance/prov-dm.ttl [R]
>>> RewriteRule prov-n.ttl https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/prov/raw-file/default/provenance/prov-n.ttl [R]
>>> RewriteRule prov-o.ttl https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/prov/raw-file/default/provenance/prov-o.ttl [R]
>>> RewriteRule prov-constraints.ttl https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/prov/raw-file/default/provenance/prov-constraints.ttl [R]
>>> RewriteRule prov-links.ttl https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/prov/raw-file/default/provenance/prov-links.ttl [R]
>>> RewriteRule prov-primer.ttl https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/prov/raw-file/default/provenance/prov-primer.ttl [R]
>>> RewriteRule prov-dictionary.ttl https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/prov/raw-file/default/provenance/prov-dictionary.ttl [R]
>>> RewriteRule prov-aq.ttl https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/prov/raw-file/default/provenance/prov-aq.ttl [R]
>>> RewriteRule prov-dc.ttl https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/prov/raw-file/default/provenance/prov-dc.ttl [R]
>>> RewriteRule prov-implementations.ttl https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/prov/raw-file/default/provenance/prov-implementations.ttl [R]
>>> RewriteRule prov-overview.ttl https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/prov/raw-file/default/provenance/prov-overview.ttl [R]
>>> RewriteRule prov-xml.ttl https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/prov/raw-file/default/provenance/prov-xml.ttl [R]
>>> 
>>> 
>>> do you mean to say that, instead, all should redirect to the same file, except for prov-o, but the redirection should also happen for provn, provx, and svg?
>>> 
>>> Because this is quite some work (I also have to do this for the .var files), which is fine, it is just that I want to be sure this is exactly what you want...
>>> 
>>> To make things complete, I would also add an rdf file, b.t.w. If you can generate that, too...
>>> 
>>> What about prov-o? At the moment, I see only a ttl file.
>>> 
>>> Also: the SVG file begins by:
>>> 
>>> width="1152pt" height="267pt"
>>> 
>>> Personally, I would remove those. What happens is that, with those attributes, the SVG file never scales. It always tries to display it with those dimensions which is crazy; if you have a retina display, for example (which I do not:-( then it will not scale to the full screen. Removing those will work, because there is also a viewport argument (this is a mistake most of the SVG generators do:-(
>>> 
>>> Ivan
>>> 
>>> 
>>> 
>>> On Apr 29, 2013, at 16:08 , Luc Moreau <l.moreau@ecs.soton.ac.uk> wrote:
>>> 
>>>> Hi Paul, Ivan,
>>>> 
>>>> prov-family is available in its various formats at:
>>>> 
>>>> https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/prov/raw-file/default/provenance/prov-family.ttl
>>>> https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/prov/raw-file/default/provenance/prov-family.provn
>>>> https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/prov/raw-file/default/provenance/prov-family.provx
>>>> https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/prov/raw-file/default/provenance/prov-family.svg
>>>> 
>>>> The provx and ttl versions still need curating.
>>>> When the working group finishes its activities, the date also need to be updated.
>>>> 
>>>> However,  they can already be made available for tomorrow's release.
>>>> 
>>>> 
>>>> We agreed that:
>>>> 
>>>> http://www.w3.org/2011/prov/provenance/prov-xxx
>>>> 
>>>> is to be redirected, after content negotiation, to
>>>> 
>>>> https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/prov/raw-file/default/provenance/prov-family.[ttl,provn,provx]
>>>> 
>>>> for all specs, except prov-o.
>>>> 
>>>> 
>>>> Luc
>>>> 
>>>> -- 
>>>> Professor Luc Moreau
>>>> Electronics and Computer Science   tel:   +44 23 8059 4487
>>>> University of Southampton          fax:   +44 23 8059 2865
>>>> Southampton SO17 1BJ               email: l.moreau@ecs.soton.ac.uk
>>>> United Kingdom                     http://www.ecs.soton.ac.uk/~lavm
>>>> 
>>> 
>>> ----
>>> Ivan Herman, W3C Semantic Web Activity Lead
>>> Home: http://www.w3.org/People/Ivan/
>>> mobile: +31-641044153
>>> FOAF: http://www.ivan-herman.net/foaf.rdf
>>> 
>>> 
>>> 
>>> 
>>> 
>> 
>> -- 
>> Professor Luc Moreau
>> Electronics and Computer Science   tel:   +44 23 8059 4487
>> University of Southampton          fax:   +44 23 8059 2865
>> Southampton SO17 1BJ               email: l.moreau@ecs.soton.ac.uk
>> United Kingdom                     http://www.ecs.soton.ac.uk/~lavm
>> 
> 
> 
> ----
> Ivan Herman, W3C Semantic Web Activity Lead
> Home: http://www.w3.org/People/Ivan/
> mobile: +31-641044153
> FOAF: http://www.ivan-herman.net/foaf.rdf
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 


Received on Monday, 29 April 2013 16:31:42 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 16:51:35 UTC