Re: Prov-DC ready for review

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for the update to this document. My review is below. I think it's a
good document.

Regards
Paul

==Review of PROV-DC==
Abstract

- "the resource" --> "a resource"
- I don't know what " Translating these terms to PROV makes the contained
provenance information explicit within a provenance chain" means?
- can you replace "provenance chain" with provenance? I don't know what
provenance chain buys as a term

Section 1.2
- "interested on" --> "interested in"
- "community discussions" --> "community discussion"
- maybe replace "Some terms may have misleading names …" with "Some terms
may imply a mapping (e.g. …), but do not in fact correspond.

Section 2.1
- "DCMI terms hold a lot of " ---> "Many DCMI terms can be used to describe
provenance information about a resource:"

Section 2.2
- "Since we cannot ensure that the published resource has not suffered…"
--> …has not gone through…

- "it has been chosen as guideline in the complex mapping" --> "it has been
chosen as the approach for the complex mapping defined in this document."

Section 3.1

- dct:Creator - "He has the attribution for the outcome of that activity."
--> "They have the attribution…'

- dct:contributor - comma after Therefore

- dct:isFormatOf - comma after Thus

- dot:references - comma after In PROV

Section 3.2
- You should say why you introduce these? I think it's for the Complex
Mappings is that correct?
- You say these are properties but they are actually classes in the last
paragraph of the section? why?

Section 3.4
- It's not a list of possibilities - you provide two

On Fri, Mar 29, 2013 at 9:16 PM, Daniel Garijo <
dgarijo@delicias.dia.fi.upm.es> wrote:

>  Hi all, I have staged the note for review here:
> https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/prov/raw-file/tip/dc-note/releases/NOTE-prov-dc-20130430/Overview.html
>
>  The main changes since the last WD have been:
>
>    - Added the mapping between has_provenance and dct:provenance (and
>    dct:ProvenanceStatement and prov:Bundle)
>    - Changed dct:references as a type of derivation.
>
> Best,
> Daniel

Dr. Paul Groth (p.t.groth@vu.nl)
http://www.few.vu.nl/~pgroth/
Assistant Professor
- Web & Media Group | Department of Computer Science
- The Network Institute
VU University Amsterdam