Re: Primary Source again (Re: PROV-ISSUE-518: Data Model Section 5.2.4 ) [prov-dm]

Hi Stephan:

Look at the two following definitions (others are similar)

Communication ◊ is the exchange of some unspecified entity by two
activities, one activity using some entity generated by the other.
A derivation ◊ is a transformation of an entity into another, an update
of an entity resulting in a new one, or the construction of a new entity
based on a pre-existing entity.

They don't state "communication is a relation ..." or "The derivation
relation is ...".

That's what I wanted to avoid in the definition of primary source you
suggested.

Luc