Re: Primary Source again (Re: PROV-ISSUE-518: Data Model Section 5.2.4 ) [prov-dm]

Luc,

I am not sure I follow you here.  What is your distinction between a concept and a relation in the data model?

As for Graham's proposed definition, I do not like the dual usage of 'primary source' as both a relation and the thing being related to.

Like Graham I like the inclusion of the term 'relation' because I do not want to introduce confusion regarding whether primary source is a specialization of entity, but I would recommend we drop the second usage of primary source where it appears to be mentioned as a noun.

[[
A primary source relation indicates a derivation from an entity that records direct contemporaneous experience or knowledge about its topic, without the revisionary perspective of hindsight.
]]

--Stephan