Re: prov-dm, prov-n, prov-constraints preliminary staging

On 21/11/2012 12:58, Luc Moreau wrote:>
 > Hi all,
 >
 > Given that our CR-track documents should be frozen by Monday, it would
 > be useful to have a few pairs of eyes checking the preliminary staged
 > versions of the specs.

I'm skimming PROV-DM:

Intro: do we drop the "editors latest draft" link in the document header for an
actual published document?

Section 1.4 (namespaces/prefixes):  is this really non-normative?  I'd have
thought the information here is needed to properly interpret some of the
normative material.

Should section 4.2 have a "non-normative" annotation?  4.3?  (section 4.1 does).
  On reflection, I'd suggest dropping the annotation from 4.1 as there's already
one for section 4.

Section 5.6: if I'm reading the diagram notation correctly, this indicates that
EmptyCollection is a subtype of Collection.  (That would imply it can have
HadMember relations with other Entities.)  Normally, I would expect it to be an
*instance* of Collection.  In the usage here, I'd expect it to be a related
type, but not a subtype.  I didn't follow the discussions of containers, so I
don't know what is the motivation for including an EmptyCollection type.

Section 7: why bullet points?  I'd suggest dropping these and just having 3
paragraphs.

Appendix A.  In it's current form, the cross reference links to PROV-N are not
working.  Same for PROV-O.  This may be an artifact of the staging, but I think
this should be checked carefully as the document moves to publication.

Appendix B:  Should this (change-log) remain for the CR publication?

RFC3987, but none to RFC3986.

PROV-OVERVIEW link broken (probably a staging artifact)