Re: Contextualization ---> Optional bundle in Specialization

From: Luc Moreau <L.Moreau@ecs.soton.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2012 09:26:10 +0100
To: James Cheney <jcheney@inf.ed.ac.uk>
CC: Timothy Lebo <lebot@rpi.edu>, Satya Sahoo <satya.sahoo@case.edu>, Graham Klyne <graham.klyne@zoo.ox.ac.uk>, Provenance Working Group WG <public-prov-wg@w3.org>
Hi James,

I was wondering about your notion of "normal attributes" and the notion
of "underlying Thing".
The use case we discuss, where a piece of software (rating tool) reads
some provenance and,
with application-specific reasoning, rates entities blurs the distinction.

In the example:

     agent(tool:Bob-2011-11-16, [perf:rating="good"])  // this is the
rated agent
     specializationOf(tool:Bob-2011-11-16, ex:Bob, ex:run1)  // or
contextualizationOf

The rated agent tool:Bob-2011-11-16 is generated after the tool has
processed the contents of ex:run1.
In that case, the syntax, by this I mean the bundle, is part of the
semantics.

Isn't this inevitable with "online uses" of provenance, where processing
of provenance helps
makes decisions in the application domain?

Luc