Re: prov:Dictionary example - without the specs

From: Luc Moreau <l.moreau@ecs.soton.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2012 22:05:06 +0100
To: public-prov-wg@w3.org
Hi Tim,

Thanks for your example.

The following is not valid according to prov-dm:

prov:hadMember                                             # These would be asserted on a simple (first step)

     36  <http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/prov/file/tip/examples/eg-34-us-supreme-court-membership/rdf/eg-34-us-supreme-court-membership.ttl#l36>        <http://dbpedia.org/resource/John_Glover_Roberts,_Jr.>, # prov:Collection.

     37  <http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/prov/file/tip/examples/eg-34-us-supreme-court-membership/rdf/eg-34-us-supreme-court-membership.ttl#l37>        <http://dbpedia.org/resource/Antonin_Scalia>,           #

     38  <http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/prov/file/tip/examples/eg-34-us-supreme-court-membership/rdf/eg-34-us-supreme-court-membership.ttl#l38>        <http://dbpedia.org/resource/Anthony_Kennedy>,          #

     39  <http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/prov/file/tip/examples/eg-34-us-supreme-court-membership/rdf/eg-34-us-supreme-court-membership.ttl#l39>        <http://dbpedia.org/resource/Clarence_Thomas>,          #

     40  <http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/prov/file/tip/examples/eg-34-us-supreme-court-membership/rdf/eg-34-us-supreme-court-membership.ttl#l40>        <http://dbpedia.org/resource/Ruth_Bader_Ginsburg>,      #

     41  <http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/prov/file/tip/examples/eg-34-us-supreme-court-membership/rdf/eg-34-us-supreme-court-membership.ttl#l41>        <http://dbpedia.org/resource/Stephen_Breyer>,           #

     42  <http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/prov/file/tip/examples/eg-34-us-supreme-court-membership/rdf/eg-34-us-supreme-court-membership.ttl#l42>        <http://dbpedia.org/resource/Samuel_Alito>,             #

     43  <http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/prov/file/tip/examples/eg-34-us-supreme-court-membership/rdf/eg-34-us-supreme-court-membership.ttl#l43>        <http://dbpedia.org/resource/Sonia_Sotomayor>,          #

     44  <http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/prov/file/tip/examples/eg-34-us-supreme-court-membership/rdf/eg-34-us-supreme-court-membership.ttl#l44>        <http://dbpedia.org/resource/Elena_Kagan>;

The key reason why we went for a dictionary and, say, a set of entities,
is that we are unable to decide whether an entity belongs to a set on
the basis of
its urls (since the same entity may be denoted by multiple urls).

Luc