Re: complementOf -> viewOf: proposed text

Luc

On 1/17/12 6:59 PM, Luc Moreau wrote:
> Hi Paolo, Stian
>
> To answer the transitivity question, we need to answer a question. Can an entity characterise different things? If yes, I agree transitivity does not necessarily hold. If no, transitivity holds.
from Jim's earlier comprehensive message, I gather that the answer is not:
> each entity therefore  represents one full characterization  of some thing (and only one - they are unambiguous w.r.t. everything being asserted) .
but also please see my reply to Jim, with the suggestion that temporal overlaps ought to be reintroduced. But we've been there
before: entity records do not mention temporal validity. So if temporal overlaps are an argument against transitivity in this case,
then I believe the best we can do is remove transitivity and do a bit of hand-waiving when asked about it :-)

-Paolo